Welcome to Cornerstone Learning Centre!
- Cornerstone Learning Centre is an English medium school, catering for the needs of pupils diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, or special needs with developmental delays, which prohibit them from benefiting from mainstream education.
- Our classes are small, with 5 pupils to 1 teacher, or a maximum of 8 in a class with 1 teacher and at least one assistant.
- We currently accept children from age 3 in the Preschool and up to 12 years in our Junior school.
- Our school will grow with our pupils and we are adding higher grades as the need arises.
- Cornerstone Learning Centre follows the South African Department of Education Syllabus delivered in a thematic programme at a manageable pace.
“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn” Ignacio Estrada
Cornerstone Learning Centre will strive to:
- Offer every child the opportunity to develop to his/her full potential in a secure, caring, Christian environment.
- Provide a safe, excellent and effective learning environment for pupils with autism or developmental delays where they can minimise their disability and maximise their ability.
- Our curriculum will – be aligned with the South African Department of Education’s CAPS (Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement) – give each child the opportunity to achieve academically to the best of their ability – address the quadrant of impairments of Autism Spectrum Disorder – make use of evidence based, recognised best practice intervention methods – include an individual education plan for each pupil – provide a broad based enrichment programme as part of the curriculum.
We trust that you will share our passion and enthusiasm for this vital project. Your support in any phase of the development of Cornerstone Learning Centre will empower our community to enable learners with special needs to reach their full potential.
Did you know that 1 in 68 children are presently being diagnosed with autism worldwide?
Help us to make a difference in a child’s life.