Welcome to Cornerstone Learning Centre!
- Cornerstone Learning Centre is an English medium school, catering for the needs of pupils diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, or special needs with developmental delays, which prohibit them from benefiting from mainstream education.
- Our classes are small, with 5 pupils to 1 teacher, or a maximum of 8 in a class with 1 teacher and an assistant.
- We currently accept children from age 3 in the Preschool and up to 12 years in our Junior school.
- Our school will grow with our pupils and we are adding higher grades as the need arises.
- Cornerstone Learning Centre follows the South African Department of Education Syllabus delivered in a thematic programme at a manageable pace.
“If a child cannot learn in the way we teach…………..we must teach in the way he can learn”
Cornerstone Learning Centre will strive to:
- Offer every child the opportunity to develop to his/her full potential in a secure, caring, Christian environment.
- Provide a safe, excellent and effective learning environment for pupils with autism or developmental delays where they can minimise their disability and maximise their ability.
- Our curriculum will – be based on the national education plan – provide for individual as well as group teaching – include an individual education plan for each pupil – provide a social skills programme – include relaxation therapy sessions – offer music, movement and art as therapy – provide a variety of daily sensopathic experiences – include horse therapy as well as a move to learn exercise programme.
We trust that you will share our passion and enthusiasm for this vital project. Your support in any phase of the development of Cornerstone Learning Centre will empower our community to enable learners with special needs to reach their full potential.
Did you know that 1 in 88 children are presently being diagnosed with autism worldwide?
Help us to make a difference in a child’s life.